klaxxious

Factory Forge Creator Pro warping and spaced layers

Hi All,

Well! I am in a bit of a pickle and have not been having any luck with the software / printer. I have a Factory Forge Creator Pro and I have been using the default high setting. My issues are, my prints usually warp on the left side and the first layer seems a bit more spaced then it should be.
I am just using the standard build plate... i tried tape and that wouldnt' stick. I tried some spray glue and well.. that made a mess and still warped on the left side. I am currently using the right extruder and the right fan is on.

The settings are as follows;
Nozzle Diameter .40mm
Extrusion Multiplier .90
Extrusion Width .40mm

Temp
Heated Platform is set to 60
Extruders are set to 230
Cooling fans are on.

I left the top off and leave the door open....

Any help would be wonderful.

Thank you in advance.
rrdavis

Re: Factory Forge Creator Pro warping and spaced layers

Might want to start by reading this:
https://www.simplify3d.com/support/prin ... to-the-bed

That will help with the spaced lines, and probably also the warping.
klaxxious

Hola,

Thank you for your response. However, on a smaller print I tried to execute last night I had other issues... It seems like the bottom side of one print looked like it wasn't laid down correct and the lid from the other print shows print lines like it didn't stick or something.

Here is the lid

Here is the bottom side of the base
starlight2905

Hello,
What kind of filament are you using?
rrdavis

klaxxious wrote:Thank you for your response. However, on a smaller print I tried to execute last night I had other issues... It seems like the bottom side of one print looked like it wasn't laid down correct and the lid from the other print shows print lines like it didn't stick or something.
That all sounds consistent with the link I already posted above. So I'd suggest starting with those suggestions.
klaxxious

rrdavis,

I have attempted to follow that however, I am a bit confused... I the bed is level. I have used the provided plastic paper thing to make sure the nozzle isn't too far from the bed... The things I am unsure how to do even if it is recommended... is to turn the fan off, slow down the nozzle speed (if so how much), should i turn off the bed heat? I am using PLA.

Gosh this software is so much more detailed than the provided "Flash Print" from the manufacturer. A bit confused!

Thank you for the help sir. I just hope my simple self can understand this program better!
dkightley

However, on a smaller print I tried to execute last night I had other issues... It seems like the bottom side of one print looked like it wasn't laid down correct and the lid from the other print shows print lines like it didn't stick or something.
This is a symptom of the nozzle being too far from the bed.

If you're happy that the bed is level, then the nozzle height can be adjusted in software......the GlobalZ setting on the GCode tab. Adjust the value by -0.1mm......that's minus 0.1mm.....it can go negative! Reprint the first 10mm....se the end height on the Other tab.

Look at the finish on the bottom. If little or no improvement....repeat by adjusting the GlobalZ by another -0.1mm....and so on until you get a good result
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net
klaxxious

rrdavis and Doug,

I think i figured out my issue... first of adjusting the globalz was brilliant... i also adjusted the bed temp down to 50c... Thank you so much guys! :roll: 8-)
klaxxious

Question,

Is it possible to have all layers print diagonal? It seems as if it prints best like this. On the stl im trying to print the first five layers need to be diagonal. If this were the case I wouldn't get that stringing. It seems when it fills vertically it has spacing.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”