Aha

Question for multiple processes and dual extruding

Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:13 pm

So I'm trying to figure out how to pull some Cura settings over to s3d for my Lulbot Taz 6 with the new v3 extruder I just got. I'd also like to be able to share it. As there are 2 extruders, I need two processes, but I REALLY need some help pointing me to the right place in understanding order of operations on things. How does s3d order and prioritize things from multiple processes?

For instance, I have startup code, right now it's just code I dumped from Cura and have started fixing. But once I fixed it in one place, I'm suddenly wondering what happens if I miss it elsewhere? There are some settings that get pretty important like machine offsets (that's critical for me right now).

What can I also skip because s3d only looks at one instance of it? Does it look only at process 1 for machine start code? Does it ignore item 2?

Are there any good guides on s3d's method of mixing together the processes so I can determine what I need to do for tool changes?

Right now I've figured out that there's a random 1 or 2 mm difference in s3d from cura that's trying to destroy my bed, so I'm going to start with a 15 mm offset and see if I can just print in the air lol

DarthRevan

Re: Question for multiple processes and dual extruding

Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:35 am

If the profile's toolhead offsets are correct for your printer, you can setup dual prints very quickly with the dual extrusion wizard. They have a guide for setting up simple dual extrusion prints.

As for the starting script, I'd recommend fixing the issues there before trying to print anything too difficult with dual extrusion. Having the correct starting script is definitely important for single and dual extrusion prints. If you're using the TAZ 6 Dual profile as a starting point, remember that there is a different starting script for each Extruder Auto configure option, so your changes to one will not be on the other two.

You can also use the global G-Code offsets in the G-Code tab to setup your "air print".

Aha

Re: Question for multiple processes and dual extruding

Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:34 pm

Thanks for all the thoughts! I actually did most of them while fine tuning and getting it all working yesterday (took days and quite a bit of patience and focus).

I've gotten pretty good figuring out the starting and ending scripts, though I think I've still got one or two kinks left. Dual Extrusion wizard didn't really help since things were set up wrong and pera setting the offset screws up the autoleveling.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”