matrex91

Multiple Parts/Processes

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to print the same part with the same process multiple times without having to reset the machine.

I have it set up so there are 5 parts and 5 processes each associated with one of the parts so that they print sequentially.

I'm using a Lulzbot Taz6 and want to make the nozzle wipe itself off on the pad before starting each part. It does this at the very beginning of the print, but doesn't in between parts.

I have the parts located on the bed in such a way that the extruder/rails won't hit the previous part as it moves to the wipe pad, but can't figure out where to put the script for the wipe to make it happen.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
matrex91

Re: Multiple Parts/Processes

Update

I pulled the segment of gcode for the wiping sequence from a print and saved it in a text file. Now I'm just copy and pasting it at the beginning of each part process after S3D generates the normal gcode. Still would love to have this be automatic in some way if anyone has an idea.

Thanks
rrdavis

Re: Multiple Parts/Processes

Add this to your post-processing script in S3D (at the bottom of the Scripts tab):

{REPLACE "; process " "G28 X0\nG28 Y0\n; process "}

That would run the following commands before starting each process

G28 X0
G28 Y0

Of course, you can use the same template to insert more commands or edit as needed (you just put a "\n" between each command as shown above)

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”