webdad

Infill skips regularly - Everything else prints with no issues ... so....

I've been wrestling with the titan extruder (Bowden setup, 750mm bowden tube) skipping regularly during infill printing but everything else on the print, coming out just fine.

Default Print speed: 60mm/s
Outline %: 70%
Solid Infill %: 80%

Since the outline prints fine at 42mm/s (60mm/s * 0.7), and Solid is fine as well at 48mm/s (60mm/s * 0.8), I've been dropping the default print speed and correspondingly boosting the Outline % and Solid % to keep the rates at 42mm/s and 48mm/s respectively.

Just wondering if anyone has a logic check on that approach or other suggestions. Printing PLA at 210 or so.

I'm getting down to 40mm/s for default and then 100+% for Outline and 120% for solid.

Goal is to not have the titan hobbed bolt caked with filament on long prints.
horst.w

Re: Infill skips regularly - Everything else prints with no issues ... so....

If you drop down the default speed say to 40 mm/s, then the outlines have also 40 mm/s (100%) and solid infill (Solid! = Infill of the bottom and top) 48 mm/s (120%), that's right. But "normal infill" and all lines (perimeters) exept the outlines have also only 40 mm/s because that is the new default.

Regards
horst.w
GER
dkightley

This issue could be more than just the speed your feed motor is trying to push filament into the extruder.

Have you investigated increasing the extruder temperature?
Are you sure the nozzle doesn't have a partial blockage...or is not the size you think it is?
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net
webdad

I have been increasing the temperature but still have the issues. The range on this filament tops out at 225c, and that is where I'm at now (I was down around 210). I've changed filament a number of different times for different jobs, and the issue persists. Additionally, if there was a filament partial blockage, I would think that it would show in other areas of the print.

With the higher temperature, filament loading goes very smoothly, and I would think the blockage would cause that to be inconsistent.

Just to be sure, I'll try some cold pulls at the next opportunity.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”