cncandi

Script problem with placeholders

in my opinion the placeholders does not work correct. Is there any profile example with working placeholders?
rrdavis

Re: Script problem with placeholders

The placeholders that are available for each of the scripts are explained at the link below:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1959

If you're having trouble with a specific script or variable, you will need to provide more information for anyone to be able to help you
cncandi

I know this script but placeholders doesn't work. That is reason why I'm asking for example file.
rrdavis

Why don't you post what you are having trouble with? There are already examples given in the link above. Many of the S3D profiles also use placeholder variables in the starting script, so they obviously work.

Again, if you want help, you need to explain exactly where you are stuck.
cncandi

ok, in attachment I send you profile file. My main problem is that I have no toolpath preview if I
don't select 5D firmware. But in case of 5D firmware I have E values and I don't need E values.

this post works very nice with Kuka robot.
Attachments
Kuka Robot.fff
(11.28 KiB) Downloaded 238 times
rrdavis

How would the preview know when you are extruding if you don't have E-values? I'm not surprised that if you turn those off, it doesn't show any extrusions...
frform

I tried to load the profile but I got an error Failed to parse the XML...

another question how you controll your extruder on/off?

Thanks!
cncandi wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:51 am ok, in attachment I send you profile file. My main problem is that I have no toolpath preview if I
don't select 5D firmware. But in case of 5D firmware I have E values and I don't need E values.

this post works very nice with Kuka robot.
cncandi

This is a kuka project. Extruder turn on and of with special analog signals called ANOUT in example program.
I don’t need E values because this comes also from robot.

Is there a possibility to create more complex post for this robot maybe by script or plug in? We have a lot
Of development expiration and can make our own API program if there is documentation for API
DarthRevan

rrdavis already provided the resource I always point people to when they need help with the variables. Here it is again viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1959

In that post, the variables are arranged by which scripting area they may be used. Attempting to use them outside of those specific areas has, in my experience, not worked.

If you need to use variables such as these in other places, you can parse them from the g-code itself in an external script that can be called from the terminal commands for post processing area.
DarthRevan

an example of just such an external python3 script can be found in one of my other posts: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=654&p=40392#p34921

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”