dibble

alignment issues on curved surfaces: XYZ printer

XYZ Da Vinci Duo 2.0A
XYZ brand PLA
Benchy calibration model at 60% size

See the pics:
• stock settings using the included 3DS PLA profile for the printer
stock_settings.jpg
• some basic changes to the extruder settings, and the addition of PVA supports from the 2nd extruder
tweaked_extruder_settings.jpg
• increased the extruder multiplier from .95 (stock) to .98; not much change; stopped the print after the hull completed to save material
more_tweaks.jpg
I'm new to 3D printing. I've looked through the troubleshooting guide for 3DS but don't see anything relating specifically to this issue. Any help would be appreciated. I'm not sure how to begin troubleshooting this issue.
rrdavis

Re: alignment issues on curved surfaces: XYZ printer

It looks like it is printing wayy too hot, or maybe you need more external cooling
airscapes

Re: alignment issues on curved surfaces: XYZ printer

When printing tiny you need to print 4 or more of the same or it cooks. I would start out by printing the benchy at normal size with the default profile for your printer. I am new to this as well but have been printing miniatures for a coworker and have been learning a lot.
If you don't own a digital micrometer you need to get one as setting your starting height and your extrude multiplayer is the first step before you print anything, especially tiny..

can not help you on setting your starting height unless you are using an M2 as that is all I am familiar with, but the method I have been using to check height and adjust multiplier can be found here. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9944#p41238

Once you know for sure you are putting out the proper amount of plastic,print the benchy at the normal size with the bow facing the cooling fan (assume PLA is being used)

Also set your temp at the bottom of the filament manufacture specs and work up from that if possible. Try to make on change per print so you know the results of each change.

Hope that helps!

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”