RoboDLC

Why is layer 2 so much faster than all the others?

Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:02 pm

In my prints, layer 1 is usually at 10 or 20% of print speed. Then the second layer is printed whose speed is much faster than layers 3 and above. Why is the second layer always so much faster than the rest of the post-layer 1 speeds? Is this a bug, or is S3D wiping off the tip?

Thanks,
DLC

wirlybird

Re: Why is layer 2 so much faster than all the others?

Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:45 pm

Look at all of the speed settings to see if one may have a typo. For instance the solid layer speed setting doesn't have a strange number.

RoboDLC

Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:50 am

This is not an isolated incident. It is all prints on all printer profiles I have done.

Thanks,
DLC

dkightley

Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:27 pm

Its going to be impossible for anyone to provide you with any useful guidance if you're providing virtually no information about how you have yopur current settings.....any of them!

Can you please do the following....
1) Load a sample shape int S3D and set up one of your profiles which you are getting the reported issue.
2) On the File dropdown menu, select "Save Factory File as" and save to a file.
3) Attach the factory file to a post on this thread.

Someone can then talke a look at EXACTLY how you have set up your printer.....and hopefully can provide useful advice......
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net

RoboDLC

Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:55 am

dkightley wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:27 pm
Its going to be impossible for anyone to provide you with any useful guidance if you're providing virtually no information about how you have yopur current settings.....any of them!

Can you please do the following....
1) Load a sample shape int S3D and set up one of your profiles which you are getting the reported issue.
2) On the File dropdown menu, select "Save Factory File as" and save to a file.
3) Attach the factory file to a post on this thread.

Someone can then talke a look at EXACTLY how you have set up your printer.....and hopefully can provide useful advice......
My bad. I actually thought that there was a reason for it that I didn't know about somewhere. Like, doing a wipe or something like that which needed more documentation. Something that everyone knew about but me.
I will get a factory file wrapped up for discussion sometime today.

Thanks,
DLC

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”