yoda2nd

Re: Missing support layers when changing process

I am having this exact same issue as well. It showed up only after downloading and installing 4.0.1. It was not present at all in 4.0.0.
Alpha_Mach_Inc

Is version 4.0.0 still available? There is still some other bugs in version 4.0.0 from what Doug mentioned (see below). I guess that we may as well wait for version 4.0.2 :|
This is a known issue with release v4.0.

The solution is to upgrade to v4.0.1.
yoda2nd

I contacted support about this issue. They were able to replicate this issue with 4.0.1 but not will 4.0.0, so it is a bug with 4.0.1. In the mean time they recommended to use the same layer height or to use 4.0.0.

I do not know if 4.0.0 is still available for download. I install each version of S3D separately, in case of issues just like this one. It let's me fall back on something that will work.
Crazed_Sculptor

Support missing when changing processes

I just want to say that I have enjoyed Simplify3d so far due to its advanced options, especially the ability to have multiple processes. I have used this program without any issues until yesterday. It might have been a week or less since I had to slice a model that required a bit of support material but i noticed that there are gaps in the support material when it changes processes. I have prepared several of my custom models for 3d printing and this is first that I have ever seen this. I have tested processes on both mine and a popular 3d model from Myminifactory. I have even tested it on models that I have previously prepared without issue but now the issue appears.
Here is some pictures of a model that I made.
5.PNG
6.PNG
It seems to skip a couple of support layers and I had no support base layers selected. Only dense support layers. This was a .3 mm layer height to a .1mm layer height. I have never had an issue occur for this change before. I usually like to start with a .3 mm first layer to ensure good adhesion then switch to a better resolution for the rest of the model.

Even when I change the process height, so that it changes sooner, it still happens. I have even tried to have 0 separation layers (both upper and lower) and it still appears.
process height change 2.PNG
However, I noticed that at certain layer heights, it disappears but the software is very picky about it. I spotted this in the MyMinifactory file that I sliced. Keep in mind that this is a popular item found on MyMiniFactory that has been out for 3 months and I am getting the same issues. I will include the factory file that I made for it. For some reason I can't post an extra image in this first post so I will include the images and file in the next post.
S3D-Alex

Re: [FIXED] Missing support layers when changing process

I’m happy to state that this issue should be resolved now in the latest 4.1.0 release. Our team successfully tested three factory files from threads mentioning this issue. These small vertical gaps in supports when using processes with differing layer heights will not occur anymore. This was just one of many improvements to the software. All of which are detailed on our Release Notes page.

Thank you for your help reporting this issue!

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”