kram242

Slicing Problem at 50%

Hello,
First I would like to say great job on this software! I look forward to seeing it evolve in to a robust system that could become the standard.
As a new user of this software but a long time user of all the other known slicers/host controllers out there. I have found a couple things I have noticed that I would like to draw attention to to help in trouble shooting.

My system Info:

Windows 7 Ultimate
4.00 GB RAM
32 Bit OS
Laptop

Creator Version 1.1.0

1) Monitor heat should be on by default (Had a tough time fining that tickbox) Also maybe a red box behind the temperature box so we know its on. Its tough to see the temp font and would be nice to be able to glance up and see that its on and doing its thing.
2) Had trouble finding set up for slicing settings under processes maybe default to that being open and then remembered when minimized for future use.
3) The jog dial as cool as it is, took a little getting used to especially on the extruder. I would like to see an extruder in out button/s /up-down (with amount) to easily extrude for priming and calibration.
These are just a few suggestions for a first time user of Creator software after about 3 hours of use.

On another note I am having an issue where the slicer is going a little haywire at about 50% up on any part sliced.
I am not sure what could be causing this but I put together a short video to show it in action.

Thank you for all your hard work on this project and looking forward to seeing future releases with lots of cool features! :)

MarkC
Attachments
creator slicing problem.zip
Slicing Problem Movie
(1.55 MiB) Downloaded 223 times
Simplify3D
Site Admin

Re: Slicing Problem at 50%

kram - This is a known issue with v1.1.0, but it is actually just the preview that is incorrect. This issue only appears for large previews using the "low detail" preview option. If you load the preview with "high detail" you shouldn't see it. If you print the resulting G-Code, that should also work fine. It's just a rendering issue with the low detail preview mode. All of the generated G-Code is still correct.

Fix for this should be available soon
kram242

Good news indeed thanks for the tip
Mark
Simplify3D
Site Admin

And in regards to #3 - That feature is actually already present in the Machine Control Panel (see screenshot). Enter whatever distance you want to move (or extrude), make sure the correct axis is checked, and then press the plus or minus buttons to make the movement. That's what we suggest using for the Extruder and Z-axis since these are fairly slow to respond and don't like being rapidly jogged.
customdistance.png
customdistance.png (11.92 KiB) Viewed 3782 times
kram242

Very nice, thank you
Simplify3D
Site Admin

This is now fixed as of version 1.1.1

Thanks for the help reporting the issue!

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”