jgwinner

Re: How to keep corners good when printing fast?

I'm getting fairly good prints now; I set width to "Auto".

I'm also running at about 104% extrusion and 60% movement speed. I can't check the other settings as it's running now. I did get a weird problem where something went wrong about halfway through and the upper half "Fuzzed out" and didn't print. Lots of hair around, the top of the print looked rough, but was flat. Almost like the nozzle plugged, except for all the hair. I stopped the print, used cleaning filament, then started the print again.

Let me tell you, cleaning filament doesn't print well.

So, I pulled that back out, put the PETG back in, and now it seems to be printing fine again.

== John ==
zemlin

jgwinner wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:27 pm Let me tell you, cleaning filament doesn't print well.
:mrgreen:
jgwinner

Well I spoke too soon. I've printed over a spool of PetG now, and I think maybe there's crud built up?

The extruder keeps making a 'clonk' noise and I lose an entire later, then everything above it looks weird, or just ends up being a ball of hair around the print head. Lost print T-3 and T-1, although print T-2 worked fine.

I took apart the extruder, there was some clogging in the teeth, but not that much (I blow it out with compressed air all the time).

I was going to try a Volcano nozzle, maybe it's time to switch. Or at least clean out the old nozzle.

This stuff is fun, but it's harder than I expected.

== John ==
arhi

up a temp, I read you are using a ptfe lined extruder, that's not very petg friendly, as if you want high printing speeds you need to up the temp, especially for petg, I print 0.4mm nozzle, 0.33mm layer, 0.5mm width at 70mm/sec at 255C, anything lower and I get parts with underextrusion or total blockage .. volcano comes with longer heat chamber so you can pump more heat into the nozzle but you still need higher temps then when printing slow
gcodestat integrates with Simplify3D and allow you to
Calculate print time accurately (acceleration, max speed, junction deviation all taken into consideration)
Embed M117 codes into G-Code
Upload your G-Code directly to Octoprint
open source and unlicence

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”