todd

Section of crossbow model isn't being connected

So I am trying to print a crossbow I found on thingiverse and the program isn't connection the main bow to the two little prongs. I found the option to make the exterior one piece but that only fixes one prong and the other one remains disconnected. I must say after hearing all the good things about this program so far it is preforming less then the free options.
rrdavis

Re: Section of crossbow model isn't being connected

Can you attach your factory file (File > Save Factory File)? It's hard to offer much advice without seeing the current setup.
wirlybird

Why blame the program when it is most likely an issue with the model?

Try going to the Mesh menu and selecting "separate connected surfaces" and see if that helps.

Otherwise that area may be too thin for the settings. You can try reducing the extrusion width such as 0.4 to 0.38 and then check to see if it helps. Keep reducing to see what happens. If that doesn't do it then probably may want to run it through a fixer such as makeprintable.com.
TheBum

wirlybird wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:58 amTry going to the Mesh menu and selecting "separate connected surfaces" and see if that helps.
This has fixed issues I've had with multiple files containing errors in the design that just happen to look OK in most viewers. There are many, many such files on Thingiverse. You won't see any changes in the layout view, but once you slice it, you will see the differences. One caveat: make sure the model is where you want it on the bed before using "separate connected surfaces" because S3D may actually lay out multiple overlaid pieces that are independent as far as moving, rotating, and scaling are concerned.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”