BigDaddio

No left extruder

I have a Flashforge and cannot get the left extruder to work for the life of me. I have tried changing the Gcode etc. It appears I am not the only one. It starts, preheats etc, then when it it ready to print it just stops and sits there with either 8% or 0% showing. From what I understand (I just purchased this). Its pretty frustrating I purchased this because I was really tired of futzing around with gcode etc... It would at least be something if I could dump the code ans see what is happening, then I could fix it or make a workaround.
Umpa

Re: No left extruder

Hi, new here and just bought it too. I have the exact same problem with a wanhao duplicator 4x. If you fix this please let me know.
BigDaddio

I am a boob at times, If you write out the object to disk it will give you the GCode if you want to read it. So there's that.

If you write out the object to a flashcard it will print from both extruders. It just will not over usb. very weird. But I have made a number of prints from the left including a two color piece. Works great.
DaveGadgeteer

That's interesting.
I've posted about a bug where if I try to use the left extruder (via USB) the extruder and platform both heat up, but the software waits forever with a display similar to yours.
If I tell it to heat the right extruder also, then it starts printing as soon as everything is hot.
So evidently this bug occurs with USB printing, but not with SD printing. That ought to help isolate the problem...
frasersnow

Interestingly I have found the same issue. What I did notice is that if you do not have your build platform temp set it works.
wifiguru10

I've got the same problem. Can't build via USB on the left for the life of me. Does anyone know if this is a reported bug and/or is it going to be fixed?

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”