sincetomorrow

[SOLVED]Weird misalignment issue

Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:27 am

Hello!

I am new in 3d printing and I have the Colido 2.0+ 3d printer. I have printed a couple of stuff with simplify3d, but for some reason after some days, the prints show as in the picture. It seems a if it overlaps at the y axis some cm, whereas it prints at the x axis. The weird thing is that is show correctly at the 3d preview. I don't know if I did something and messed up the settings.

Anyone has an idea of the issue?

Thank you!

DarthRevan

Re: Weird misalignment issue

Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:05 am

Looks like you have a consistent layer shift along the Y axis.

My suggestions would be to level the bed, check the belts, confirm that you're not over-extruding, and possibly turn on retraction vertical lift.

Also S3D's tips on this subject can be found here: https://www.simplify3d.com/support/prin ... salignment

sincetomorrow

Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:09 am

I have checked the bed, it is Ok, and the pla sticks to it ok. Also, the belts seemed ok, I have re-tensioned them just to be sure but the issue remains.
The weird thing is that I have tried printing a box in different places on the bed, and every time I have the same problem, as if the problem is hardcoded at the firmware..

DarthRevan

Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:27 pm

Extruder calibration would really help in this case. If you're over-extruding consistently and your bed is correctly leveled, it makes sense that after a certain point you would get enough over-extrusion that the nozzle would collide with the part, skip steps, and then resume printing in the wrong location.

sincetomorrow

Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:45 am

Well, the extruder was not consistent (thanks a lot!), I did the atomic calibration thing, and the extruder works perfect, and no oozing. The bed is levelled, the pla sticks on the plate and the extruder is calibrated, but unfortunately the y axis consistent inconsistency remain.. :(

I have contacted Colido support to help, they are very keen to help so far, in case there is some firmware gone wrong ?

m.savazzi

Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:20 pm

I had a similar problem and discovered that there was a piece blocking the motor on the far left, the shift was depending on the height.
I do suggest you check that nothing gets into the movement of the head, motors and plane

sincetomorrow

Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:09 pm

Just in case somebody has the same problem, it seems that the problem was a loose synchronous wheel that was holding the Y motor and the axis. I tighted it with an allen wrench and everything was ok!

Have to point out that the support team of Colido/Print-rite were very helpful and we went back and forth a lot emails until they found the issue that was causing it 8-)

Thank you also guys for the suggestions! it was a mechanical issue after all.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”