Zuhan

[SOLVED]X and Y Axis is Off

Having issues with my printer/software. Doing the bed leveling wizard shows that my X and Y axis are way off. I'm not sure how to fix this. I have the Anet A8 3D Printer.
Attachments
Printer Issue.jpg
titanbloom

Re: X and Y Axis is Off

Can you clarify what you mean by X and Y axes are off? Is the software trying to goto coordinates that are out of your work area?
dkightley

The obvious initial advice would be to ensure you are using the current printer configuration for your printer...which can be selected from the printer configuration dropdown.

If still an issue, best to contact Support and ask if there's a more up-to-date configuration available.
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net
Zuhan

titanbloom wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:10 pm Can you clarify what you mean by X and Y axes are off? Is the software trying to goto coordinates that are out of your work area?
Sorry, I Zero all of the Axis then perform the Leveling Wizard. It will move on the X axis by about an inch (still on the bed) the second move it moves to the opposite corner about an inch or so off of the bed. The same thing happens when I try to print, it thinks it's bed is an inch farther than the Zero axis. The picture is to show how far it thinks it is off. Not sure if this is a Firmware issue or a Software issue :(. Not sure how to test.
Zuhan

I think I know the issue. I upgraded the print head to the E3dv6 with the titan extruder and it came with a mount for it that moves the print head over about an inch (found this out by homing everything to "0" and seeing where the hotend was). Next question.... How do I go about updating it to fix this?

This is the upgrade kit I got from E3d.

https://e3d-online.com/prusa-i3-upgrade-kit
horst.w

I'm sure it is a firmware issue, but control with attached factory-file the settings of S3D (probably not printable, depending of the distance of your nozzle to the bed! = 0,15 mm)

Menue FILE, Open Factory ...

to switch back it needs you also save your actually factory-file or deactivate Save & Store in Menue Tools / Options before loading my file.

regards
horst.w
GER
Attachments
A8-Einfacher Wuerfel.factory
(3.14 KiB) Downloaded 144 times
Zuhan

horst.w wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:40 pm I'm sure it is a firmware issue, but control with attached factory-file the settings of S3D (probably not printable, depending of the distance of your nozzle to the bed! = 0,15 mm)

Menue FILE, Open Factory ...

to switch back it needs you also save your actually factory-file or deactivate Save & Store in Menue Tools / Options before loading my file.

regards
horst.w
GER
I found a way to fix the issue I was having. I went to the G-Code tab and added 20mm to the X and Y axis. The printhead now goes from corner to corner without leaving the bed. Thanks for you assistance guys :D

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”