Chemicalcorrosion

2.1 has simply quit importing stl files!

Has anyone had this happen to them? S3D has simply quit importing stl files. I have tried it on 3 different computers. They are all Macs running OSX Mavericks. It has been working on them perfectly. I even used my laptop a few weeks ago at a mini Maker Faire. It ran all day long, perfectly.

It has just stopped responding on all my computers. I have uninstalled, deactivated, reinstalled on all of them. Nothing works. I even tried to install earlier versions and that didn't work.

I thought maybe it was just that particular computer, but it is the same across the board. I have contacted support, but I thought I would reach out to the forums as well. To make it worse, I am supposed to demo my M2 and S3D software tomorrow to a local business! Guess I'll just keep trying to get it to work tonight. I really don't want to cancel tomorrow's meeting. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave C
jimc

Re: 2.1 has simply quit importing stl files!

thats a new one. you said you uninstalled and reinstalled. did you download a new copy? could the copy you are installing be corrupt in some way? i am on mavericks as well and never had a bit of trouble.
LeonMF

Can you drag and drop? I've never been able to do an import without crashing but D&D works fine.
Chemicalcorrosion

I'm totally stumped! I just uninstalled, restarted the computer, downloaded a new copy, reinstalled, and it will not import an stl file. It just hangs up on my iMac and MacBook Pro. And it was working fine on both computers. I'm at a total loss. Gonna have to cancel my demo tomorrow. How sad.

Dave C
Chemicalcorrosion

Thanks LeonMF, the D&D seemed to work. At least it let me slice a model this time. Getting ready to print right now. Strange though that I could import earlier and now it has just stopped.........on BOTH machines. Uhg, I hate these late nights. My last late night was spent putting a camera module on a robot arm for a maker faire( again, not to bed until midnight) :D

Thanks,

Dave C

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”