cyborblades

CR-X Dual Extruder S3D Not Slicing correctly

Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:03 pm

Hi all. Just got the Creality CR-X printer. 2 extruders 1 hotend. I watched S3D video on Dual Extruder Wizard followed instructions and no matter what I do it will only print 1 color. I have a few g code files that work I do not know how they were sliced. I am guessing its not the printer since I can print 2 color prints. I need to know if I am doing something wrong or better yet what do I need to do to get these stl files to print in 2 color.
New to S3D and to 3D printing. Not a total newbie but not far from it.
Thanks

roguemat

Re: CR-X Dual Extruder S3D Not Slicing correctly

Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:49 am

You can use this profile: https://github.com/roguecode/CrealityCR ... y3DProfile
Download the .fff file and import with File > Import FFF profile.

Then do the dual extrusion wizard in S3D with it and then it should work. In the print preview, on the left side change the video to view the active toolhead. Make sure the preview shows two different colors (i.e. toolheads).

cyborblades

Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:54 am

Hi
Thanks for the link. I am having a ton of trouble getting on to this 2 color printer. I been watching S3D videos but so far none covered what I need in a complete process. They show bits and pieces and then I cant find the other needed info.
The video on dual extruders says how simple it is. Just use the wizard and your done. There is much more to it than that. And the more is what I need to learn. Without the proper scripts it will not work. My Cr-X is 2 extruder 1 hotend. I am clueless on tool change and how to setup the start and end scripts when doing the dual color print.
Can you steer me in the right direction where I can learn the tool change and start and end while in the 2 color process. I am able to get by with 1 extruder but adding the second has caused m e a few headaches.
I have been learning S3D as I go. I just started 8 months ago. At my age its hard to learn at times especially when I forget what I read. I try to make notes every chance I get.
Any help is appreciated.

lucascar

Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:32 pm

i install and do some rare thing
1.JPG
if i made the dual extrusion wizard

i get
2.JPG
both parts full filled

if i dont do the wizard, manually use a tool 0 and tool 1 to each model i get it correct, BUT in dont change filament on printer, change tool but no retraction so get stuck :|
3DualJob.JPG

Greg_Sam

Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:22 am

roguemat wrote:
You can use this profile: https://github.com/roguecode/CrealityCR ... y3DProfile

Then do the dual extrusion wizard in S3D with it and then it should work. In the print preview, on the left side change the video to view the active toolhead. Make sure the preview shows two different colors (i.e. toolheads).
Does anyone else have trouble with that above FFF Profile. Seems to send out the gcode fine, but at the start of the print it seems to retract way to much filament (during the first tool change) to start the print off correct? If I open the gcode it reads to extend out 25mm of filament, then goes into a tool change prior to starting the print which somehow retracts tool 0 filament 90mm. Since tool 0 has already been primed I am very confused to why it retracts tool 0 filament to start the print.

S3D-Jake

Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:57 pm

Our engineering team has worked with this printer in our office and can help provide you with a working profile. Please email support using our contact us page: Link
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."

DragonMyst

Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:30 pm

Greg_Sam wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:22 am
roguemat wrote:

Does anyone else have trouble with that above FFF Profile. Seems to send out the gcode fine, but at the start of the print it seems to retract way to much filament (during the first tool change) to start the print off correct? If I open the gcode it reads to extend out 25mm of filament, then goes into a tool change prior to starting the print which somehow retracts tool 0 filament 90mm. Since tool 0 has already been primed I am very confused to why it retracts tool 0 filament to start the print.
I am having a similar issue, though not exactly. My test print came out fine, out of the box (though not spectacular). I imported the FFF (profile) as recommended from GitHub. Once loaded, I actually tried to use Extruder 2 (T1) to print my supports, using HIPS. Unfortunately, when the script kicks off, things go awry. When the target temps are reached, the axes zero out. Extruder 1 feeds in the 90mm of filament, then spits out a prime blob of 25mm. Then it moves to the starting point of the print. Here's where things get jinky: E0 RETRACT THE 90mm OF FILAMENT, JUST BEFORE STARTING TO PRINT!!! I don't get it. I'm not very familiar with Gcode, but I have a feeling I'm about to learn...

Why is my CR-X retracting 90mm immediately prior to starting a print? It is my understanding that the code is anticipating that the filament is at the zero point (retracted 90mm), upon beginning the Gcode starting script; hence the 90mm feed, immediately after homing the axes. What I don't get is the 90mm retraction. Reading the code, I thought I had located the retraction, and commented out the line (to no avail). E0 retracted, anyway. I would REALLY appreciate a hand on this. This is rendering a $700 printer virtually useless...

A little guidance, please (I've already submitted a trouble ticket, on this)?

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”