jfkerekes

New to S3D - Print Startpoint issue

Hi,

I am a VERY new user of S3D. I am printing on an Ender 3 and trying to do my first print of a model sliced with S3D. I always home the printer before printing but whenever I start the print, the head moves to the front edge of the bed, about 5 or 6 cm toward the center from the home edge (left front corner) and tries to start the print from there instead of centering the print on the bed as it is in the print preview in S3D. How do I correct this so that it will center the print in the middle of the bed, or wherever I place it on the bed?

Again excuse my ignorance but I am new to 3D printing and new to S3D.

Thank you,

jfkerekes
NerdyRedneck

Re: New to S3D - Print Startpoint issue

Its definitely something with the Ender 3 profile because I just used the CR-10 profile and changed the size and it does not do this. It moves to the center and prints in the correct location of the build plate.
NerdyRedneck

Re: New to S3D - Print Startpoint issue

I was playing with it and found its your start gcode. Its a nozzle wipe command. I copied the start and end gcode from the CR10 and pasted it into the Ender 3 profile and it works fine. It still wipes but along the Y axis instead of X. Just gets rid of the oozing filament.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”