blackbird2016

[FIXED] V 4.1 Retraction at layer change and outline crossing

I have been using this benchmark ever since and now with the update I noticed something what I take being a bug.
Factory file not attachable for being to big!? (5,9mb?) I just uploaded angle.factory to support using this topic.
This one printed well ever since, it now seems, that S3d trys to hide the z seam kind of better.
But now I have this weird spider webs which I had not using the previous release.
Having activated "avoid crossing outline for travel movements" this works pretty well while
doing all the "jobs" in the layer as intended , the very last movement after infill seems to miss the retraction
as well as the outline-following, but moves just straight forward to the next-layer staring point.
No changes in the FFF-Profile so far against the previous version.
Thank you for looking into this...
IMG_20181106_220326.jpg
smeagollum

Re: V 4.1 Retraction at layer change and outline crossing

Are you sure this is due to retraction? Could it be something along the lines of the issue I reported here:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11649

If so, you will of course also see it in the preview, so if you don't, then it is a different issue. If only S3D had put some faith in their users and allowed for beta testing then many issues like this could have been discovered and fixed more quickly. With the update rate we've seen lately, I fear that it may take a long time until a bugfix release comes along.
airscapes

smeagollum wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:42 pm If only S3D had put some faith in their users and allowed for beta testing then many issues like this could have been discovered and fixed more quickly.
Um. what do you think it is your doing? :D
blackbird2016

smeagollum wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:42 pm Are you sure this is due to retraction? Could it be something along the lines of the issue I reported here:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11649

If so, you will of course also see it in the preview, so if you don't, then it is a different issue.
No, this is no thin wall or damaged mesh problem.
The "avoid crossing outline" does not work as it does in 4.0.1.
Those "spiderwebs" are clearly shown as travel moves, and furthermore are done without any retractions.
Pictures attached of the same model with exactly the same FFF-profile.
Left side 4.1, on the right 4.0.1
Attachments
Unbenannt.PNG
smeagollum

Ok, then it's probably a bug. At this point, it might be better to just stick to version 4.0.1 for a few months until a bugfix version is released.
andrewk72

I was using this feature most of yesterday and it was working fine in V4.1. I'm also looking at a preview right now for my next print and the feature is clearly working.

So it's possible it's something related to that specific part. Can you attach the factory file?
blackbird2016

andrewk72 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:46 am I was using this feature most of yesterday and it was working fine in V4.1. I'm also looking at a preview right now for my next print and the feature is clearly working.

So it's possible it's something related to that specific part. Can you attach the factory file?
Sorry, I can`t for an error message the file were to big as stated in my 1st post.
I sent it to support, already.
Just checked again, that file is absolutely flawless.
And those "webs" are clearly travel moves as shown in the preview.
It works well in 4.0.1 but not with exactly the same profile in 4.1.
Most probably in combination with some other function I did not find, yet.
Maybe similar to the " print sequentially without optimization" and "fixed starting point" bug in 4.0.1.
blackbird2016

Just got an answere from Support....

Thank you for the Factory File. This does look to be an issue involving the combination of Start Points and Avoid crossing Outlines. The issue can be worked around in the meantime by using Optimized Start Points or by adding a 3rd perimeter which will force the software to use the Single Extrusion Fill. That being said I have sent this issue and all relevant information to our Development team to work on solving it. Thank you.

Seems to work well as workaround!
Thank you for your fast reaction!
blackbird2016

So I am back on V4.0.1 with its flaws,now.
I at least know how to dodge those minor nuisances.
And I think S3D better would do that, too, and postpone the update.
It just and plain is not working.
No idea whether the intern or apprentice picked a wrong file for the release upload
but that can not be what was intended.

Below settings are (working well with 4.0.1 ever since)
- avoid crossing outlines
- Startpoint nearest a given location
The above mentioned workaround which worked for the angled part did not work here.
5-10 perimeters just to trigger single extrusion infill (with following retraction) is not reasonable
The toplayer-bug as mentioned in a different thread clearly visible.
IMG_20181109_114046.jpg
Toplayer-bug as well with no changes in settings.
IMG_20181109_114059.jpg
Below settings now
- avoid crossing outlines unchecked
And voila, here are the retractions..... But! What is that?
In the inner void of the part they are still not working! (not to mention the toplayer)
IMG_20181109_114112.jpg
blackbird2016

And here the same part with the same FFF-profile in 4.0.1
IMG_20181109_114125.jpg

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”