TomOH

Re: V4.1 Issues with walls

Pretty lame that despite all the problems, there is not a single "official" statement that the problems will be addressed. Not what I was hoping for when spending $150 on a piece of software.
brunofporto

S3D-Alex wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:35 pm Hi Doug,

As PhillipM points out this feature was updated to help with cases similar to what he describes. The threads you mention that we have updated to claim the issue was solved are some of the cases where this now performs better. We have been collecting data from multiple sources to try and better this feature in upcoming releases. As always we appreciate your time and effort in documenting these issues and bringing them to our attention.
SHould I open a support ticket? I not even using 4.1 due to this issue. Most of my designed parts were made to be hollow and I am not able to successfully print them with 4.1. I rolled back to 4.0.1 until this issue is solved. I could no even test more the software to look for other bugs or issues.
dkightley

Why not! It may help them understand they've done something that has affected existing functionality and usability.

I'm not using 4.1 either....for exactly the same reason.
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net
S3D-Jake

Thank you for the great feedback and multitude of tests you shared with our support team. We've also confirmed internally through several dozens of comparison prints that the changes made to the top solid layers calculations were not producing results we'd love to hang our hats on. We're working on correcting this behavior in the software and plan to include this fix in version 4.1.1. Again, we're glad to have users that will tell us when something isn't working for them as soon as they notice the issue. This allows our team to recognize and alleviate the issue.

An even larger thank you, dkightley. Your consistent feedback and thorough personal testing allowed our team to identify multiple scenarios we could also test in our office to verify there was an issue and work towards the solution.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
mightyhigh

Hi Jake,

Good to hear that this issue is taken seriously. I would like to add to your comment that the issue (at least in my case) is mostly concerned with the bottom solid layer (as opposed to to it solely concerning the top solid layer as stated in your comment).

Is there a possibility of getting my hands on the 4.01 version? I am a new buyer and didn't have the opportunity to download it before.

Thanks in advance
dkightley

Thank you for resolving the issues I reported in this thread in v4.1.1.

I can now use the latest version.....
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net
wirlybird

Is 4.1.1 out? Just saw something on this in another thread but haven't gone looking!!
blackbird2016

wirlybird wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:14 pm Is 4.1.1 out? Just saw something on this in another thread but haven't gone looking!!
It is!
And that very problem seems to be solved.
wirlybird

Nice, I was expecting some huge fanfare when it was ready!
blackbird2016

wirlybird wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:23 pm Nice, I was expecting some huge fanfare when it was ready!
There was one!
My wife heard me hooting when I saw the file provided for download was 4.1.1
(have been looking every other hour ever since...)
and again when I got a perfect test object.
Not that she was very interested in that hooting.... :roll:

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”