pdegior

Gaps between infill and perimeters

I am reposting here as advised by others.

I have been really struggling resolve this myself. I have huge gaps all over my parts between the perimeter and infill. I sliced and print the same part in Slic3r and it works perfectly. I matched settings as best I could and still have not been able to resolve this. My printer is a Rostock Max V2. I'm really not sure where to go from here. I love the software but just can't seem to produce good parts. It must be a something I'm missing in the settings. Either that or it truly is a slicing issue.

I've attached a factory file.

Below is a picture of what I'm talking about. It really looks like I"m under extruding ??? Any help would be greatly appreciated. The one on the right was sliced with Slic3r and the one on the leftwith Simplify3D
Gap Example Photo
Gap Example Photo
Attachments
Infill_Gap.factory
Factory file
(727.09 KiB) Downloaded 252 times
3Drasle

Re: Gaps between infill and perimeters

Hi

Are you running the newest version 2.1.1 ?
Try to lower print speed, just to rule out hardware problems.
/Michael, Denmark
jimc

did you measure your filament? in your settings its set to 1.75 which may be correct im just checking. that has to be right on or you can under or over extrude. if its set to 1.75 but the actual dia of the filament is 1.74 or 1.73, etc you will not be putting out enough plastic. everything else sort of looks ok. that is some crazy #'s for your retraction though for what i assume is abs. is that normal for you machine?
pdegior

jimc wrote:did you measure your filament? in your settings its set to 1.75 which may be correct im just checking. that has to be right on or you can under or over extrude. if its set to 1.75 but the actual dia of the filament is 1.74 or 1.73, etc you will not be putting out enough plastic. everything else sort of looks ok. that is some crazy #'s for your retraction though for what i assume is abs. is that normal for you machine?
I did measure at it looks good. The retraction numbers (distance and speed) are what where recommended by SeeMeCNC for Rostock Max printer. I did try slowing down too. On the solid layers are tried slowing down half way through a layer by 50% to see if it made a difference and unfortunately it did not.
3Drasle wrote:Hi

Are you running the newest version 2.1.1 ?
Try to lower print speed, just to rule out hardware problems.
The image is a print with 2.1.1. I really don't think it's a hardware issue since the print with Slic3r looks good, right?
TenKOhms

try bumping up the extrusion multiplier a bit. if you're printing with PLA i believe it's default at .90, try bumping up to 1. if ABS, default maybe 1, not sure, try bumping up to 1.1
vOidward

First, I'd recommend setting shells to 1 and doing full infill. It would then be able to do proper lettering on the top. Since you're going 3 top and 3 bottom layers and the total layers along the middle are 9, it won't make a significant difference in print time compared to quality.

Otherwise, it's just not putting out enough filament. You could lower the filament diameter so it pushes out more, increase the multiplier, or you could maybe try setting extrusion width to 0.5 to match you nozzle.

Try maybe 0.5 extrusion width and 1.1 extrusion multiplier, along with solid infill and 1 shell.
If it then puts out too much plastic and top looks rough, then dial back the extrusion multiplier closer to 1.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”