OneLonestar

V4.1 Strange Behavior - Missing parts

Trying to print a flashlight body. It has three parts which I'm trying to print at one time. All three parts are correctly displayed on the build screen. When I slice and it goes to the preview screen, one of the three parts is missing from the preview! I've tried numerous times and get the same result.

Please see attached pictures.
Attachments
4.1 Slice.JPG
4.1 STL.JPG
Raise3D Pro Plus 2

Re: V4.1 Strange Behavior - Missing parts

Did you mark all parts in profile menu? I'm just asking ;)
S3D-Alex

Can you please post a Factory File to help us diagnose this?
OneLonestar

Thank you for the reply.

All of the parts are marked. Never had this issue with the old version. I've printed many multiple part objects in the past and have never run into anything like this before.

I've included the factory file.
Attachments
battery_cap_v2.factory
(239.37 KiB) Downloaded 142 times
dkightley

I've loaded your factory and have found the following:

PLA process.....battery_cap_v2 not selected to print....and doesn't. Add the model to the list to print...and it does.

ASA White process.....battery_cap_v2 not selected to print....and doesn't.. Add the model to the list to print...and it does.

Black PET process.....battery_cap_v2 not selected to print....and doesn't.. Add the model to the list to print...and it does.

PLA White process.....all three parts print.

User error, I'm afraid.......I think Raise3d whatever was right....but the question was not that clear.
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net
Raise3D Pro Plus 2

I was made a similar mistake many times.
OneLonestar

[Solved] Re: V4.1 Strange Behavior - Missing parts

Thank you for your replies.

I appreciate you testing my model on your machines. I have been using this software since V3 and have not had a single problem printing multiple parts in the past. Not one time. I am no expert but I'm no a novice either. I use this software many times a week and it's never behaved in this manner which prompted me to post here for help. If you refer to the screen capture I posted you will see that all of the parts of the model are selected and properly marked on the profile menu.

I upgraded to V4.1 and the very first print was experiencing this problem no matter what combination I tried.

I had installed the software "over the top" of the other versions. When I went to uninstall I was surprised to see four separate versions of the software still installed. I assumed that it would delete the old versions with each new install.

Based on your successes with my factory file, my resolution was to deactivate, completely uninstall all versions of the software and all of the profiles, reboot, ran CCleaner and clean install V4.1 which immediately resolved my problem and now it's working as it should.

Thank you for taking the time to help me troubleshoot.
Raise3D Pro Plus 2

I'm also with 4.01. New 4.1 is not ready yet...

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”