horst.w

Re: 4.1 Vase Mode Defect

Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:07 am

It is ViaCAD.

I will try it but the programm is limited to 3000 facets. Its "big brother" is named SHARK and has more performance.

H.

The limitation of the CAD program concerns the changing from mesh to solids. The repair function was running through.
The fixed files has now >8 MB therefore I attache the factory-file (800 Kb) what is based on yours without any changings exept the "new" tree.
It has found only the collapsed facets, all others where ok.
But I believe it doesn't help! The masse of annoying edgdes are part of the construction and not part of issues. For details have a look to the pics.

H.
xmas-1.png
xmas-2.png
Attachments
Xmas-Pine Tree - 146.factory
(850.5 KiB) Downloaded 74 times

horst.w

Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:54 am

another one pic
xmas-3.png

ururk

Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:13 pm

Thanks for trying that out - I'll bring it into Magics on Monday and see what it can do (from what I recall, there aren't any limitations).

S3D-Alex

Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:29 pm

Thank you to everyone who contributed to this thread. The Factory Files really allow us to dive in and figure out the root cause of these issues.

I am very happy to report that BOTH of the issues reported in this thread have been fixed in Version 4.1.2. We successfully tested all of the Factory Files in this thread with great results. The seam that was present on many models that zemlin was referring to in the beginning of the thread has been reduced greatly and is now invisible in most cases.

The bigger issue of sharp geometry being pathed incorrectly which was brought up by ururk has also been fixed in this new version. This was just one of many fixes and improvements to the software. A comprehensive list can be found at our Release Notes page.

We can now confidently say Vase Mode is the best it has ever been and we are really excited to see what you guys do with it next!

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”