TomOH

[FIXED] 4.1 major problem with supports on duplicated parts

Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:18 pm

Version 4.1 has a major bug when it comes to duplication of parts with supports. All supports show perfectly fine in the model view, but only the first part actually prints with the support. It was a standard/automatic support (from base only) in the first part.

With all the bugs reported in 4.1, it will hopefully not take long to get a fix for these problems...
Attachments
dog_hook.factory
(799.67 KiB) Downloaded 52 times

horst.w

Re: 4.1 major problem with supports on duplicated parts

Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:49 am

I can't reproduce the issue!

Your factory is bloqued by any issue I can't identify . Delete the copy of the hook and the support can be cleaned up.

Testing the copy function - is ok (doghook 4 (2) ).

Testing support on doghook 4 - is ok (manually) and a copy of it (support included) is also ok (doghook 4 (3).

Slicing all together - is ok, all models are supported automatically.

horst.w
GER
DOGHOOK.png

S3D-Alex

Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:08 pm

Thank you for bringing this to our attention! We are currently aware of and working to fix this issue.

In the meantime I would suggest setting up all your models with the support pillars in place as you described and then double click on one. This will open the Model Settings Panel on the left.

Then please use "ctrl +" a or "cmd + a" to select all your models. Rotate these by 1 degree around the Z-axis and then rotate back to 0 degrees. If you then slice the file the supports should slice as well.

S3D-Chris

Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:52 pm

Thank you for reporting this issue and posting your factory file! This helped us test and fix this issue in the Version 4.1.1 update. You should now be able to copy and paste your models with the same support structures. We also added several other new features based on user suggestions just like yours. Feel free to check them out in the software and on our Release Notes page!
Attachments
Version 4.1.1 Supports.JPG

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”