s3030150

[FIXED] Re: Where can I download the older (functioning...) version?

I have problems slicing stl files in vase mode in 4.1.1. Some people on this forum are trying to convince me that this version is the best and that my STL files are broken, but I cannot believe other slicers (and s3d v4.0.1 too) work without any issues.

Reverted back to 4.0.1 and problems are gone. I can imagine crystal balls would say something different but for now I can print without any issues.
----------------------------------------------------------
bottomline: stupid enough to buy this
S3D-Jason

Re: Where can I download the older (functioning...) version?

When you install a new version of Simplify3D, the old version will still remain on your computer. For example, if you were using Version 4.0.1 previously and you now install Version 4.1.1, you would be able to find both versions at the directories below, since the prior version is not modified by installing the new one.

C:\Program Files\Simplify3D-4.0.1
C:\Program Files\Simplify3D-4.1.1

So if you want to run the old version, you can just navigate to the correct directory and double-click on Simplify3D.exe in that folder.

As for the issues some of the prior posters mentioned, please be sure to create a new thread and attach any sample files or information that is needed to recreate the issue you are seeing. That will help make sure our team can properly investigate the issue.
S3D-Jake

Re: Where can I download the older (functioning...) version?

s3030150 wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:39 am I have problems slicing stl files in vase mode in 4.1.1. Some people on this forum are trying to convince me that this version is the best and that my STL files are broken, but I cannot believe other slicers (and s3d v4.0.1 too) work without any issues.

Reverted back to 4.0.1 and problems are gone. I can imagine crystal balls would say something different but for now I can print without any issues.
I’m happy to state that vase mode issues present in prior releases should be resolved now in the latest 4.1.2 release. Our team successfully tested numerous factory files and models from threads showing issues with vase mode seams and transitions. We think you'll find that 4.1.2 has the best looking vase mode prints of any release yet. This was just one of many improvements to the software. All of which are detailed on our Release Notes page.

Thank you for your help reporting this issue!
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”