Milestone85

Center and arrange not working properly?

I click the center and arrange button and lately my models aren't being centered or arranged properly.. Any idea why ? Before they would center and be aligned proper, now sometimes they go off center & also off the side of the build plate when I click that button.

This isn't the greatest example, as they are pretty centered here in this pic, but as u can see it did throw a model off the side of the bed...
Attachments
Center arrange.png
TenKOhms

Re: Center and arrange not working properly?

i dont think the center and arrange will auto-rotate your models, I could be wrong though. Double click on 2-3 of the long models and rotate it around the Z-Axis 90 degrees, then center and arrange and they might all fit on the build plate.
jimc

yes it wont rotate your models at all and what you have pictured wont all fit on the bed
Milestone85

Ok good enough. I find sometimes though Ill have one model or 2 models and it places them on one side of the bed instead of centering, is this normal?
jimc

it doesnt seem normal to me. the arrange button has always worked fine for me. no issues. if you have 2 models and they can fit on the bed with a small space between and without rotating then it should arrange them ok.
Milestone85

Here's an example of Center & Arrange, placing models funny.... Top right of bed with 2 models below it... why wont it actually center these, I have to physically move them in center (i have clamps going around a glass bed so the extruder nozzle would hit if they are arranged like this)
Annoying to say the least.
Attachments
Center and arrange.png

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”