laborda

3D gizmo starts hidden

Hi,

I have an issue with gizmo in 4.1.1 that started with the first update of 4.0.
No matter if I already set in general options "Always show full 3D transform gizmo", each time I open Simplify 3 the gizmo is hidden.
If I go to options and turn it off and on again it show as expected, but I pretty sure this is not the expected behavior.
I have windows 7 x64 and a Quadro P2000, windows is in English and my keyboard configuration is Spanish, just in case this is useful information.

Thanks,
Joaquín
S3D-Jake

Re: 3D gizmo starts hidden

The default selected tool when you open Simplify3D is not the transform, rotate or scale tools. The default selected tool is the default selection tool. Used for selecting models without moving or altering them. This setting toggles the displaying of the 3D transform gizmo when you're using the transform, rotate, or scale tools.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
laborda

Thanks S3D-Jake for responding, apparently this is not the case.
If I choose move or rotate tool I can't see the gizmo , please take a look at the video.
simplify3D_4.1.1_Gizmo_Bug.mp4
(1.74 MiB) Downloaded 203 times
dkightley

The 3D gizmo works fine on my v4.1.1 on Windows 10.
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net
JackDark

u/laborda, did you ever get this issue resolved? I'm suddenly seeing this on Mac (v4.1.1) and PC (v4.1.2)

SOLVED: There is a setting where you can set the gizmo to be turned on all the time. No idea how this got disabled (or why it's even an option), but this video shows how to turn it on: https://youtu.be/moMR90DmzD4?t=55 (for Mac, just got to preferences).
makeitbetter

I have the same problem in Windows 10 Enterprise (1703). I know I saw the problem with S3D 4.1.1 and it is still a problem with 4.1.2.

To recap, yes I know there is an option to keep the gizmo on. Just as others have said "Always show full 3D transform gizmo", each time I open Simplify 3 the gizmo is hidden. If I go to options and turn it off and on again it show as expected, but I pretty sure this is not the expected behavior."

Does anyone have an answer to this?
Brosten

I have the exact same problem as laborda describes in his attached video. I bought S3D last summer, but for me the problem only started a few months ago.
Nothing has been installed on my pc, neither hardware or software. I did try to reinstall S3D twice, but with no luck.

Are we really only two people who has this problem?

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”