RunnerFL

[FIXED] No uploading status?

I just upgraded to 4.1.1 and it seems there is no uploading status anymore. Not on the print preview page or the machine control panel. Anyone else seeing this? or actually not seeing this?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-12-21 at 9.44.22 AM.png
RunnerFL

Re: No uploading status?

No one? Everyone else sees an uploading status?
S3D-Jake

Can you please specify which printer you're having issues with status reporting?
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
RunnerFL

It's a DaVinci Pro 1.0
tonyno

I have the same issue with my Da Vinci 1.0A.
RunnerFL

ok, well I guess this issue just isn't important to the simplify3d folks. It's important to me so I guess I'll be finding another way to print.
mroek

Most people will print from a memory device, as printing tethered is considered a bad idea (computer must be on, and must not sleep or crash).
RunnerFL

Yeah well this printer doesn't have that capability. It has wifi or usb. So without an uploading status you're very much in the dark.
tonyno

FYI, the way Da Vinci's work is that files are sent via USB to the printer in one shot. Once the file is sent, the computer is out of the loop.

No upload status just means a pause without knowing if all is well. ;) Once the file is sent, S3D returns and the printer starts doing something.
S3D-Jake

Hey guys, sorry for the delay. Can you specify if you're using version 4.1.1 of Simplify3D and also which operating system you're seeing this issue on? I'll see if we can reproduce the issue in our office and if we can we'll document the issue for our development team.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”