RunnerFL

[FIXED] Re: No uploading status?

tonyno wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:39 am FYI, the way Da Vinci's work is that files are sent via USB to the printer in one shot. Once the file is sent, the computer is out of the loop.

No upload status just means a pause without knowing if all is well. ;) Once the file is sent, S3D returns and the printer starts doing something.
I'm well aware of how my printer works, thanks. It may just mean "a pause without knowing if all is well" for you but it means that the software isn't telling me where it is in the upload process while I stand next to the printer waiting... I don't know if the printer is locked up or anything. I don't like that.
Last edited by RunnerFL on Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RunnerFL

Re: No uploading status?

S3D-Jake wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:46 pm Hey guys, sorry for the delay. Can you specify if you're using version 4.1.1 of Simplify3D and also which operating system you're seeing this issue on? I'll see if we can reproduce the issue in our office and if we can we'll document the issue for our development team.
4.1.1 on a Mac running Mojave.
tonyno

4.1.1 on Windows 10.
S3D-Alex

Thank you all very much for bringing this to our attention and providing all of the information you have. We were able to confirm this issue in our office. We have documented our findings and passed them onto the development team to allow them to look into it further.

For the time being we were unable to produce any situations where this caused any errors in prints so the only concern here is the lack of visual update. Thank you again to everybody that helped us to diagnose this!
RunnerFL

Any word on a fix for this? Simplify3D is unusable to me in this condition.
S3D-Chris

I’m happy to announce that the progress bar located in the lower right hand corner of the screen and the Machine Control Panel File Upload Percentage issue was resolved in the latest 4.1.2 release! This applies for all printers that use a file upload including Dremel, DaVinci, and Flashforge printers. This was just one of many improvements to the software. All of which are detailed on our Release Notes page.

Thank you for reporting this issue!

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”