nerys

4.1.1 still broken for vase mode

Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:54 am

Update - Resolved

When someone said it worked fine for them I tried to do it again and it worked fine for me as well

As of now I am assuming I mistakenly clicked "continuous" (multi process slice) in 4.1.1 and not in 4.0.1 because when I do that I got the "bad result" but it worked fine when I correctly selected Sequential.

--------

I am still getting bad slices for vase mode.

either z seams that should not be their OR flat out ignoring proper vase mode operations all together

factor file attached. 2 identical models different sections (heights) for a multi part print. sequential print 1 vase mode then 2 vase mode

4.1.1 broken retracts and moves between the two models ignoring sequential instruction 4.0.1 works fine.
Attachments
icicle(3).factory
(1.65 MiB) Downloaded 51 times
Last edited by nerys on Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

horst.w

Re: 4.1.1 still broken for vase mode

Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:51 am

Works fine if you set the clearing heigth to 245 mm

horst.w
GER

Merry Christmas!

nerys

Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:06 am

The clearing height is set to a value over 400 assuming I understand what you mean by clearing height as in the highest amount to go per sequence in a sequence print

What you describe would only happen if I set the sequence height to less than the total height of the model for example if I set it for 50 mm it would do 50 mm of the first model then 50 mm of the second model and then go back and do the next 50 mm of the first model Etc that's not what it's doing and the code works perfectly in 4.0.1 I included the factory file

I have absolutely no desire to set the clearing height the 245 mm even if that fixes the problem because then I have to change it every single time I do a print and that's stupid :-) I believe I have it set for 999 mm since my build height is less than 999 mm it should never attempt to switch back and forth

Is that what you meant by clearing height?

horst.w

Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:55 am

Im not sure, what you wish to do.
Do you want to print the two parts of the model sequential, will say each part is printed to the heigth of 245 mm you have set in both processes?
If it is so, than it is easy and not stupid to set the only one value in the Select Process Window in the box what is activated when Sequential Printing is checked ON.
Where please is the problem to type 3 characters? Each time when you want to print.

If your factory is based on 4.01, I have open it with 4.1.1 and there I can not find an issue in the sequential printing when the clearance height is set to the height of the stop-value in the SAdvanced Tab- or I don't understand it right.

The height of 245 mm is depending from the model, I think, if you want to stick the two parts together - First Layer of the tip to the last layer of the base (middle) and this will be different for other models.

H.

horst.w

Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:14 am

Is it possible that the function of the Clearance Height from 4.01 to 4.1.1 has changed? I can't find accordance between the real movements and the description of the multi part printing: https://www.simplify3d.com/support/arti ... -printing/.

Perhaps it is not a bug but an improved feature!

H.

S3D-Alex

Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:18 pm

I was able to slice the Factory File you provided with no apparent issues. The Print Preview shows it completing the first object before traveling and beginning the second.

nerys

Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:46 pm

ok. i have no idea what is going on I just loaded that factory file into 4.01 and 4.11 side by side to make a video to show you guys and..... its working fine in both now

WTH ?? I have no idea whats going on I changed nothing intentionally.

my best guess is I must have clicked something different but for the life of me I can't figure out what it might have been. All I did was click slice select all and sequential.

Update

if I click CONTINUOUS in 4.1.1 I get the "Bad" result I got the first time (and something ENTIRELY different in 4.01)

so I think there is "NO" issue here and I simply goofed up and clicked continuous in 4.1.1 without realizing it. I don't know how I made that error MULTIPLE times as I tested it several times before posting but that is the only explanation that makes sense. I screwed up :-)

dkightley

Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:11 pm

Believe it or not......to err is human! And nobody is super-human! ;)
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net

nerys

Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:12 pm

oh I know I just can't figure out how I made he exact same error multiple times but ONLY in 4.1.1 and not in 4.0.1 Freaking strange. :-)

S3D-Alex

Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:00 pm

Exactly like Doug said. We have all made simple errors like this! :) We are just happy you are up and printing again!

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”