Umpa

Re: Simplify 3d Crashing / freezing

Perhaps you don't have the same printer as me ?

I am glad you find it works with no problem for you, I really do - but my experience has been slightly different. I'm not saying its a bad program & I see much potential, some of my work requires me to use the program, alas its still not quite the program I was led to believe it was, no doubt 2.1.1 is much better than 2.1 but as I cant run it I'll never know.
TenKOhms

Umpa wrote:Perhaps you don't have the same printer as me ?

I am glad you find it works with no problem for you, I really do - but my experience has been slightly different. I'm not saying its a bad program & I see much potential, some of my work requires me to use the program, alas its still not quite the program I was led to believe it was, no doubt 2.1.1 is much better than 2.1 but as I cant run it I'll never know.
what printer are you using?
IceMan

Milestone85 wrote:Daily I get Simplify 3d crashing on me, or freezing, major annoyance is that when I ctrl alt del and end process, it WONT END??? It just stays there annoying me more until I have to restart my computer, anyone else suffering this problem?
Hi,

A friend of mine purchased this software and I tried it for a day as I was going to purchase my own copy, but experienced the same issue.
It worked very well until I duplicated a model, it crashed.
I only experienced this when I duplicated models.
That said, I do a lot of printing and use various slicers. I had a special job to do that I just could not get right with kisslicer pro or slic3r. (kisslicer is my favourite)
kisslicer printed support perfectly but body was no good, slic3r did bad support but body good. Guess what, six weeks later my friend introduced me to Simplify3D which did the job perfect.
I will most likely end up purchasing this software as it impressed me when I was able to print the said object in question. And I have no doubt that this software will get better as time goes.
Just for the record I used XP pro x32 and also win7 x64

Cheers
Milestone85

Ive since bought a new Laptop and it runs the software fine, no crashes to date, the other computer I was using crashed and I believe it was the motherboard failing.
So far so good on the new pc.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”