jamesmoe

Extra movement to edge of bed and back off print causing stringing

This is hard to articulate, so hoping the picture helps a little. I have attached my S3D profile and the gcode of the offending print. This is not the only print that has done this, but this is the latest.

So what is happening is a multi-object print is going along and all of a sudden the print head leaves the area of the print .. goes off to the edge of the bed .. comes back and continues on. so there are major Stringing all around the print. Please note picture. I had to chop the gcode in half to fit the file attachment restrictions.

I can't wait to see what people come up with for theories on this one!
Attachments
x-end-idler-Shortened.zip
(1.51 MiB) Downloaded 63 times
Creality CR-10.fff
(12.08 KiB) Downloaded 143 times
IMG_3249-marked.jpg.png
dkightley

Re: Extra movement to edge of bed and back off print causing stringing

Half the gcode is not all that useful! Can you save the factory file and attach that, please.

My money is on an issue with the model.....and the factory file contains both that and the profile.....and the gcode can be generated from the factory file.
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net
jamesmoe

LOL .. these are the Official Prusa MK3 files right from Prusa Research. I don't think anything is wrong with the stl's. I would LOVE to have posted the entire gcode file but there are apparently upload size restrictions. I tried to upload it, then upload it again zipped. No joy. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
S3D-Alex

I loaded the partial gcode you posted into our Preview Mode to verify and I see no travel or print moves occurring anywhere outside the bounds of any of the parts here. Are you using the stock firmware that came with your printer? We have seen some firmwares that have unique features like homing the extruder in order to prevent skipped steps, etc. that can cause behavior similar to this.
jamesmoe

I also noted none of this movement in the print simulation. It is stock firmware on a Creality 10S. Never heard of any reports of this kind of thing.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”