minvo

4.1 Post processing scripts - incorrect behavior

Hi! Please help me in the following question:
 In S3D v4.0.1, when using several processes for a part, post processing scripts were applied from the last process to the entire model. It is logical and familiar.
 In S3D v4.1 and 4.1.1, the behavior has changed. Now, in such cases, post processing scripts from the first process are used, and the rest are ignored. This creates difficulties when using previously prepared factory files. Please help understand this situation.
 I attach the test factory file. When using it in S3D v4.0.1 and 4.1.1, we get different results. (search in .gcoge for "script_")
Attachments
v4.1.1_post processing scripts test.gcode
(115.29 KiB) Downloaded 157 times
v4.0.1_post processing scripts test.gcode
(109.27 KiB) Downloaded 140 times
post processing scripts test.factory
(8.62 KiB) Downloaded 148 times
Last edited by minvo on Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
DarthRevan

Re: Post processing scripts - incorrect behavior

Can you tell me what the purpose would be for your processes to each have different post processing scripts? I consider myself a power user. I wouldn't expect the software to know how to correctly handle three or more sets of terminal commands that it's being asked to run. I'm actually impressed it only runs one of them. That's probably saving your print files from looking really strange and over processed. I think that if their are non-matching post processing scripts in a multi-process print, the user could be warned. Other than that, I don't know what you want S3D to do here.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”