ViperZ

Re: Adding raft causes print to be .5mm tall after removing raft

Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:11 am

(a)Raft Top : Z=1.917
無題.jpg
(b)First Layer : Z=2.257
無題2 (2).jpg
(b) - (a) = 0.34mm = 0.2mm(PrimaryLayerHeight) + 0.14mm(SeparationDistance)

The height of the first layer becomes large only the distance of SeparationDistance.
Therefore, the whole height also becomes high. ( +0.14mm)

I think that it will be what is depended on a machine if there is an error beyond this.

I am sorry, I am not good at English and am using translation software.
I may not understand correctly what you tell about.

horst.w

Re: Adding raft causes print to be .5mm tall after removing raft

Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:46 am

ViperZ wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:11 am

I am sorry, I am not good at English and am using translation software.
I may not understand correctly what you tell about.

I'm too! But I use my brain ... what is more than 70 y old and the last english lesson more than 50 y ago ;-)
Perhaps I can't express exactly what I mean.

Ok.

What counts?
For me count the result!
Drawn for a height of 3 mm and finaly of 10 mm the print brings out 3.20 mm and 10.20 mm. With this I'm very content. Printed without raft, thats the practice and the factory I have attached before that's the theory. But the measures provide the same result like the practice. Unknow are things like rigor of the machine and its parts.

There is just another fact to calculate! The distance between Z = 0 and the print bed (for me ~0,10 to -0,15 mm) is unknown either to the slicer-software as to the printer itself. Therefore every print comes out the trace greater than drawn and sliced. If you want to have a very precise print at height, than you must it observe imperatively. If I count back, so the real print is precise +/- 0.05 mm

I don't believe that raft cause such a difference when print out the model. It must have an other reason for it. And as shown, the nozzle height doesn't allow it.

H.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”