nerys

3D movement view Bug Unwanted PAN motion mixed in with Rotate Motion

You can Manipulate the 3D view 2 ways. left click rotates your view around a point and right click PANS your view left right up down screen relative. of course the scroll wheel zooms in and out.

its extremely difficult to see anything close up in minute detail in Simplify 3D because unwanted PAN motion is mixed into desired view rotation motion.

IE as I try to rotate my viewpoint to see a tiny detail simplify 3D MOVES the mode view in PAN (vertically and always UP)

this makes it nearly impossible to lock in a good view of a really fine tiny detail because every time you try to adjust your view the pan motion MOVES the model away from the desired spot by moving up screen relative.

you can reproduce this easily. zoom in TIGHT on a model. use right click to get it where you want it now try left clicking to adjust viewing angle.

to exaggerate this effect make small circles while holding left click. the model will progressively move up screen relative constantly while you are moving with left click held. here is a video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e67-UNJt6T4
dkightley

Re: 3D movement view Bug Unwanted PAN motion mixed in with Rotate Motion

I can remember this being reported before some time ago...….
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net
S3D-Alex

Can you please contact us at Support@simplify3d.com? I would like to get some information about the setup you are currently using and do not want you to have to publicly post that information.
wirlybird

I see the same thing. It is like the view point (pivot or rotational point) is in fixed relation to the overall model and where it sits on the bed and does not change its focus as you zoom in.
S3D-Alex

wirlybird wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:56 pm I see the same thing. It is like the view point (pivot or rotational point) is in fixed relation to the overall model and where it sits on the bed and does not change its focus as you zoom in.
Could you also please contact us? Please just give us your username here and a short reference to this issue. Thank you!
tonyno

to exaggerate this effect make small circles while holding left click. the model will progressively move up screen relative constantly while you are moving with left click held
Wow. Never noticed until now, but confirmed on my end!
SteveIsHeer

I also experience this same issue and mentioned it in this post viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8989&p=38468#p38468 over a year ago when the graphics were tweaked in the 4.01 release.

This issue makes it super difficult to place manual supports when zoomed in as the model moves up/down/sideways when spinning it using left mouse button to position for adding the supports. The view can be reset using the default view icon but as soon as you zoom in to work with the model, it starts travelling when you spin the model. This was not the case prior to the 4.01 release.
It show's to go you how feelish you fool when your tang is all tungled up and you bart stalking tackwards!
S3D-Alex

Can anybody that is experiencing this issue please contact us at Support@simplify3d.com? Please just ask for Alex and I will be sure to assist asap.
wirlybird

I'll try to remember to when I get home later today/afternoon.
blackbird2016

This is well known to me, but I thought nothing about it and just coped.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”