tnorton

Dual extruder print offset issue

I am just getting into dual head prints. I have setup my print using the dual extrusion wizard, and everything looks great on the screen. When the print starts though, the two models are no longer merged. I have checked the toolhead offset setting in the G-Code tab, and that looks to be correct. I even changed it back to zero and it had no effect... My printer is a creatbot F430 with Bondtech extruders E3D V6 hotends.

How do I change the offset of the second print head. Thanks for any and all help.
Attachments
Slice preview.PNG
G-Code settings.PNG
S3D-Jake

Re: Dual extruder print offset issue

Have you tried the tips here: https://www.simplify3d.com/support/faq/#faq-4709 ? We don't have this exact printer in our office so I can't tell you exactly the values you'll need.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
Aha

In addition to this, you may need to set both to have offsets - mine requires an offset of -6.5 on the left and 6.5 on the right instead of just a straight 13. There are also ways to set it in the starting gcode instead of needing to always update the machine definition (though it's about the same thing).
indsutprint

tnorton wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:56 pm I am just getting into dual head prints. I have setup my print using the dual extrusion wizard, and everything looks great on the screen. When the print starts though, the two models are no longer merged. I have checked the toolhead offset setting in the G-Code tab, and that looks to be correct. I even changed it back to zero and it had no effect... My printer is a creatbot F430 with Bondtech extruders E3D V6 hotends.

How do I change the offset of the second print head. Thanks for any and all help.
tnorton did you manage to print reliable on your F430 with dual extruders? Please share your experience
archester

tnorton wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:56 pm My printer is a creatbot F430 with Bondtech extruders E3D V6 hotends.

I just got into a discussion on another forum. A guy seems to have problem with its F430. In particular, his prints are failing because the parts don't stick to the raft.

tnorton have you ever experienced this kind of problem? Or do you have any ideas on how to solve the issue?
Anglerfish

hi did you figure out the issue with the dual extrusion for F430. I have the problem with my printer
Vitamind

I’m new a newbie but in order to get my F430 to print with dual heads correctly I had to select the last option under “g-code options” select “apply toolhead offsets to g code coordinates”. It’s weird when you select this and prepare to print it will show your model split up by the offset distance but when you use that file at the printer it lines up.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”