Yaron3010

Unsolved printing problem

Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:29 pm

Hi,

I am using FlashForge Guider 2 S printer, and while printing with PLA I have no issues , when I print with ABS the quality is terrible.

I tried to change to a new material, reduce temperature, change extrusion ratio, change retraction length , print different parts, levelled the machine table, checked nozzle table distance the and still always the same.

As you can see in the attached picture, the part on the left seems to be ok, while the part on the right quality is very bad. I even tried to print a simple 20mm box, and still same issue. As you can see in the pictures the nozzle is sink inside the material and damaging the part structure.

If anyone encounter similar issue or can advise me how to solve this issue please let me know, just emphasising again that with PLA I have no issues.
Attachments
IMG_20190204_120839.jpg
graph.png
Capture.PNG

S3D-Alex

Re: Unsolved printing problem

Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:53 am

This looks like it is probably due to overheating and/or printing too fast. I would suggest first printing a bit slower with a lower print temperature. A Factory File could also be helpful in determining what may be causing the errors you are seeing.

wirlybird

Re: Unsolved printing problem

Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:14 pm

It is basic overheating. If you can place the models further apart so more time is used going between them.

Also use the print islands sequentially on the layer tab.

Leave the top off and the front open.

Probably try 30mm/s or 25mm/s and see how it does.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”