CthulhuMage

Stringing Help Please

Hey everyone, I'm brand new to 3D printing, and I could use some help. I've had a Monoprice Select Mini for a little while that I've been trying to learn with, but it was kinda janky and wasn't working very well. My friends pitched in and got me a Flashforge Finder for my birthday, and I've been trying to get it up and running for about a week now. I started with the native software (Flashprint, I think) but I really didn't like it, and Cura doesn't work with the Finder, so I took the leap and downloaded S3D.

All of my prints are coming out stringy, and I can't figure out why. I've messed with basically every setting that has been suggested, but it doesn't seem to make much of a difference. The only thing that I haven't tried that I've read about is drying the filament, but each of the test models in the picture I'm posting were printed with a brand new roll of esun pla+

I've attached a picture of my results printing a "stringing test" I've found online, and also attached the relevant .stl, factory, and fff files.

Any assistance you could give would be very appreciated.

TLDR:
Lots of stringing with a Flashforge Finder, please help.
string_test_fast_pyramid.jpg
Attachments
string_test_fast_pyramid.factory
(3.68 KiB) Downloaded 54 times
FlashForge Finder.fff
(11.89 KiB) Downloaded 122 times

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”