rflulling

Shell/Skin layer separation

I have been having an issue, perhaps in tuning? I am running test prints over and over. Very painstaking to get walls to print stable. But two issues pop up.

* One if in single wall, or vase mode, I have trouble getting the layer to just print thin and wide. It is as if something in the software fights me. I have changed speeds, and temp, as well as adjusted Multiplier, Extrude Width and Nozzle diameter. Increasing Width over .6 results in the material pushing the head away and deforming. Material will rise higher than the expected layer height and create complications.

* Two, if in two layer outer I get a gap. I have adjusted Thin wall behavior, like adjusting over lap. No changes. I ended up jacking up the multiplier and reducing the nozzle diameter to force the father geometry closer and this has helped but also alters the physical geometry of the part. If I simply jack up the Multiplier, it is as if it is ignored. Changing the width has some effect but over .6 it seems to push the head or material more than it does go wide, and still doesn't effect bonding to the adjacent layers.

*Perhaps a feature request would be to add interleaved drunk layers into multi-layer skins. Where one or more inner layers are not applied geometrically accurate to the outer most layer. They may wiggle or deliberately overlap for bonding.

Note: Nozzle diameter is factory defined .4 Stainless Steel. However 0.38 seems to work best.
Currently using Nozzle 0.33, Multiplier, 1.8 Width 0.6, Layer0.1,Temp 220-230, and Speed 10-20

Also note that N .38, M 1.0, W .3, T 230, S 13 work without issue in conjunction with 100 layer skin to create full concentric infill for base layers, without any issue and has no problem making seamless smooth. Exact same settings on walls, create vertical gaps...

Test Materials are TPE and PETG. (yes I run PETG on a higher temp, so please don't ask).

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”