Tmarino

Wierd Model Artifacts

Attached is the print preview for a small clip modeled in 3D builder. I printed out a test piece yesterday and motived the small discrepancies at the innner and outer edges of the star ring, at 12 o'clock and 6 o'clock. I checked out the model and its 'clean'. Is there something on a print setting I should be looking for?

Thanks guys,
Star.JPG
gearsawe

Re: Wierd Model Artifacts

I see you are new to the software. this is the graphical presentation of retractions. There is a check box on that screen to turn it off if you wish. But gives you a sense where you might get "blobs" at the start of each contour.
Tmarino

The part printed exactly as shown. Not just a graphical represenation.
Any thoughts?

Tom
tonyno

It would help to attach a factory file so people could look into it.
dkightley

I'll second the request for uploading the factory file for this part. With nothing but a screenshot and one sentence, its virtually impossible to make any sensible suggestion.

File menu===>Save Factory file.....and remember to load the shape and the settings used before saving.
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net
gearsawe

well then you are seeing the stops and starts on each layer (Retraction). Also can be a result of over extrusion or much extra restart distance. Best bet if the finish is is importance is control where the seam is with use of "choose start point closest to specific location" remember this point can be outside the printer volume.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”