tonyeng

Re: Cannot remove internal supports when you have open the cross section view.

I have found this also - be very grateful if this can be fixed asap. I am trying to print a fan shroud MC2-B01 (from Thingiverse) but although I can add supports in a cross section view I can't remove the internal supports, which are blocking the air flow.
S3D-Alex

tonyeng wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:49 pm I have found this also - be very grateful if this can be fixed asap. I am trying to print a fan shroud MC2-B01 (from Thingiverse) but although I can add supports in a cross section view I can't remove the internal supports, which are blocking the air flow.
Can you please log into your account at Simplify3d.com, download the installer again and install that version to ensure you have the most up to date version?
ulisses

Any workaround on this?
I can't remove internal model supports.
S3D-Alex

ulisses wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:02 am Any workaround on this?
I can't remove internal model supports.
Have you tried the advice I suggested in the post above? Please log into your account at Simplify3d.com, download the installer again and install that version to ensure you have the most up to date version.
Foden

I am on v4.1.2 and am also unable to remove supports from inside model whilst in cross-section view mode. Can only remove those on the build-plate
Foden

This is a follow-up to my previous "i can't either post" being checked by admin

Although I had v4.1.2 already installed I followed the advice to login, download installer and run it as Admin. Low and behold now I CAN remove supports using the cross-section tool. Maybe the installer should be v4.1.21, or .2a or maybe .3 =^)

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”