erniehatt

Global G-Code Offset Settings

I have had S3D for a couple of years or more, but to be honest have not delved into it much, in fact I haven't really used it for actual printing, I found it rather daunting to be honest.
I have a bit more experience now with other programs, so am ready to give it a try, but, like other programs it does not give very much time to adjust things on the fly.
The initial problem I have is at the start, after setting up the bed and telling it to print, it is either starting off to low or to high, when I try to adjust this there seems to be some delay before it actually makes the move, this is causing me some problems, is there a setting I am missing. Thanks.
Clay

Re: Settings

There are way more smarter people here to give you a definitive answer, but could you use multiple skirt rings and do your Z offset adjustment during the printing of these rings before the actual printed part starts printing?
S3D-Jake

Re: Global G-Code Offset Settings

erniehatt wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:37 am ...
The initial problem I have is at the start, after setting up the bed and telling it to print, it is either starting off to low or to high, when I try to adjust this there seems to be some delay before it actually makes the move, this is causing me some problems, is there a setting I am missing. Thanks.
What are you using to make the height adjustment? The Machine Control Panel's Jog controls? There will likely be a delay present if you're trying to send jogging commands during a running print. These controls enter the machine's buffer just the same as other commands being sent to the printer as you're printing. The buffer often has room for several commands to be queued so you'll definitely see those commands executed if they were in the buffer already before you send a jog command.

If your bed has bed leveling screws and accepts plain text g-code I'd suggest using the bed leveling wizard available from the Tools drop down menu. Rather than attempting to use jog commands to software level your bed on the fly during a print.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”