Esmax666

etimate time not working

Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:24 am

Hi I would like to pint this duplo bloc.

S3d give me as estimated time 1h20 but is the reallity it was 2h30

Do you have also the same problem ?

thanks

Ret

Re: etimate time not working

Wed May 01, 2019 12:33 pm

S3D has always been terrible with time estimates. Every single person using S3D has inaccurate print times, you're not alone. Many complains have been made over the years but they've yet to fix it. It's inaccurate since they don't take jerk, acceleration and other motion related elements into their calculations. They recently stated that they improved it, but its still way off.

parallyze

Wed May 01, 2019 4:28 pm

Hi,
Ret wrote: Every single person using S3D has inaccurate print times, you're not alone.
actually that's the one thing I'm still very impressed by since v4.1.1. On different printers I have print times
on pre-heated machines within 2-3 minutes of what S3D is guessing (total print times around 2-4 hours).
I wonder if it's even possible to do this precisely unless the slicer will take care of acceleration.

It's the same for filament length... unless you update the machine config on a sailfish bot you can have
a good tuned result by tuning eSteps/gpx.ini and so on. But the number on the display will never match
the slicers calculations... (same goes for time/jerk as you already mentioned)

bye,
Daniel

Ret

Wed May 01, 2019 6:55 pm

Let me correct myself "almost everyone". I run a print farm with 4 different type of printers and S3D is always about 20% off. As S3D said, they've taken a bunch of printers data to get their calculations. I have my printers tuned way differently than the average person, but even then, OEM slicer settings are off a lot on all of mine. Its a very well know issue with S3D.
The slicer doesn't necessarily need to be in control of jerk and acceleration and other speed factors, just a place to input them like prusa has on their edition of Slic3r. I also believe S3D has more calculations incorrect or lacking under the hood. Acceleration and jerk itself shouldn't account for such significant inaccuracies of the estimations.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”