hulleyg

Licensing from behind corporate firewall

Hi

We have Simplify3D version 4.0.1 installed on two laptops that are behind a Palo Alto firewall. These laptops can't connect to the licensing server to check the license. What protocol and IP address does this function utilise. We are located in New Zealand. The laptops can browse the internet.

I have checked the logs on the firewall. I can configure a rule to allow the access.

Thanks in advance
S3D-Alex

Re: Licensing from behind corporate firewall

Can you please contact Support@simplify3d.com? We would love to assist with this.
hulleyg

Hi Alex

Thanks for your reply. Support has sent me this info.

The software uses standard HTTP/HTTPS traffic, so it should be the exact same as any web browser on the computer (port 80/443). Typically, no extra port configuration is needed.

You can also make sure that traffic to the following domains are allowed
HTTPS traffic to *.simplify3d.com (for example, api.simplify3d.com or cloud.simplify3d.com)
HTTP and HTTPS traffic to wyday.com

Regards
hojoos

I cannot install it from my area
an39hgt

Here is what I think is the problem. The software contains a SSL certificate in the software. Many corporate firewalls (including the Fortigate I use at home) must crack and then re-encrypt the SSL. They do this to scan for viruses, etc. What you need to do is add an exception for Simplify3D to NOT intercept the SSL. I can't speak for other firewalls, but for Fortigate edit the "SSL/SSH Inspection Profile" and add an exception for Simplify3D and wyday.com Worked for me.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”