Jimboslice

Bed Leveling MakerBot Replicator 5th Gen Not Working

So I'm very new to Simplify3D, so far I have been able to successfully print to all three of my different printers to a fantastic degree! However I was hoping to utilize the Bed Leveling Wizard to get a more even print surface on my MakerBot Replicator 5th Gen, as I often have warping when printing and issues with bed adhesion from that.

That being said, when I go to start the Bed Leveling Wizard everything is fine, but once I press the Begin Leveling button nothing happens. It switches the button to displaying Next but even after checking that I am connected to my printer there is no movement of the extruder to be able to begin the Bed Leveling process.

When looking this up online I have found the suggestion to using G28 to home, and G29 to have the printer Auto Bed Level. Both lines were not in my start GCode initially. When I have them inserted into the process that I am using I notice no difference in the startup process of my printer. It just goes to Initial Heating and then continues with the rest of the pre-print process like nothing new is there.

• Any thoughts on what could be stopping the Bed Leveling Wizard from starting?
  • If not, any suggestions for GCode that could help my leveling before a print?
  • And lastly if neither of those is possible for my machine, could someone point me in the right direction of some decent manual process that I could use to try and level my bed?

Thanks for reading my post!

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”