benkitesurfs

FFF Profiles Disappearing

S3D Version 4.1.2
MacOS 10.14.4

I know this topic has come up before, but I want to report that its still happening. I was in shock this evening when I went to start a new print and realized that the FFF profile that I worked on dialing in all weekend is GONE. Deleted not only from S3D, but from my HD as well. I have been searching my computer, I even remember what I named the profile. I thought I was going crazy, when I thought to open the g-code from one of my prints this weekend, and in the header, was the name of my FFF profile: Tarantula PETG (0.5mm Nozzle)

; May 9, 2019 at 10:18:34 AM
; Settings Summary
; processName,Process1
; applyToModels,KPP7194
; profileName,Tarantula PETG (0.5mm Nozzle)

I'm so glad that all my settings are listed in the settings summary in the g-code, but I'm livid that I'm going to have to painstakingly reenter each one of them. What is going on??
I was obsessively saving my settings as I made adjustments this weekend, so I know that I saved this profile. And the name is clearly in my g-code, so it must have been a profile, yet it is absent from my HD...
dkightley

Re: FFF Profiles Disappearing

I very mush am not convinced there is any issue with S3D here.....and I have a fear that you will continue to lose your profiles and data unless you change the way you work.....but I also fear you will not do so and continue to blame the software for you not saving your data correctly.

One bit of good news for you, though. You do not need to retype your profiles in manually from gcode files. Use the Import fff profile on the File menu....and simply enter the name of the gcode file that contains the profile, and it will be imported for you!
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”