sirlancelots13

Slicing errors

S3D is my main slicer I use, and I love it! But I'm having some issues here. I print mostly terrain/minis for table top games on my Ender3. There are a few issues with some terrain models that I've noticed in S3D. Some models after preparing are missing parts, but when I slice them in Cura they are fine and have no issues. I've gone through my settings for thin walls or anything like that. I've tried repairing the models but they still are missing parts in S3D. Below are some pics of one model a scaffold truss section.

S3D before preparing

S3D after preparing and missing parts

Cura before preparing

Cura after preparing and NO missing parts

Anyone have any idea on how to fix it in S3D? or should I just keep using Cura for problem files like this?
horst.w

Re: Slicing errors

If you attache the FACTORY file, anybody can reproduce your slicing and all settings include your model.

What scale do you use?
If the grid shows millimeters, than the wall is much smaler as 1 mm. In this case S3D is probably not able to build the wall when the extrusion weight needs more place. Other slicer do this automatically , in S3D you must do specific settings in tab ADVANCED for Thin Walls.

horst.w
GER
wirlybird

Considering that this is happening at most of the intersections I think you have issue with the model such as flipped faces or something like that.

I would run the model through a fixer like Netfabb or makeprintable.com to see what it says.

Also in S3D go to the mesh menu and try the separate connected surfaces and see if that helps.
dkightley

Also in S3D go to the mesh menu and try the separate connected surfaces and see if that helps.
That won't help.....it will cure it! Read the sorry tale here.... viewtopic.php?f=23&t=13243
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net
sirlancelots13

Yup....that did it. "separate connected surfaces". after clicking that then preparing the file it look perfectly normal. Thank you everyone!

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”