horst.w

Re: 4.1 Sequential Broken or Not?

Newtron wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:58 am
.....especially where other software products don't make it that difficult to print sequentially.

... that makes sure that you can print sequentially OR NOT!
.....Having to create a process for every model replication is absurd.
Creating processes allows to mix the systems, e.g. 16 objects, 4 processes and 4 objects on each; or e.g. 3 processes with only 1 object and the 4th with 13.
The feature of processes is one of the best idea S3D ever had!!! It is the most flexible solution I know, and not only for sequential printing, this is the exeption and it is only consequent to use it also therefor.

The hunters luck is the kismet of the rabbit!

Please dont compare options of other slicers with th options of this one. Different programs - different solutions. May be, this solution is not optimal for you, others wont spare it.

horst.w
GER
Newtron

horst.w wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:40 pm
.....especially where other software products don't make it that difficult to print sequentially.

... that makes sure that you can print sequentially OR NOT!
.....Having to create a process for every model replication is absurd.
Creating processes allows to mix the systems, e.g. 16 objects, 4 processes and 4 objects on each; or e.g. 3 processes with only 1 object and the 4th with 13.
The feature of processes is one of the best idea S3D ever had!!! It is the most flexible solution I know, and not only for sequential printing, this is the exeption and it is only consequent to use it also therefor.

The hunters luck is the kismet of the rabbit!

Please dont compare options of other slicers with th options of this one. Different programs - different solutions. May be, this solution is not optimal for you, others wont spare it.

horst.w
GER
Don't get me wrong, I totally understand the power of being able to do mix processes. However, you may not always need that like in my case. There should be funtionality to apply a single process to multiple models if printer sequentially.

Of course comparing software products are like comparing apples to oranges. However, most similar software has a lot of the same functions as the others. I'm simply calling out that extra functionality would be a nice to have.

Thanks for your comments!
horst.w

Newtron wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:39 pm .... I'm simply calling out that extra functionality would be a nice to have.

Thanks for your comments!
... You are right , that would be fine.
I'm not sure if this was standard in early versions, because I cant remember this constraint. A few month ago I have deleated all 2.x and 3.x - versions and V 4.01 and higher have the same.

It is as it is.
To simplify (nomen est omen :-) ) the handling, you can do e.g. this:

Import all objects, they will automatically related to the only one process 1. (e.g. 16 pieces)
Make your general settings what all objects concerns.

ADD now 15 new processes in one stroke, each one is a complete copy of process (1) and all objects are related inside every new process. (beside: adding a process is always relatet to the last process , 2 < 1; 5 < 4 a.s.o)

Call now process (1) and unrelate all objects using "None Selected" . Select now the first object - Ok - and specify its settings if needed.

Continue this with all other processes and objects.

Good luck

H.

PS: To win cooling time I use the sequential printing realy rarely when I print 2 and more parts. If I print only one part, I add a small tower or cylinder in some distance , so the main print has enough time to cool down. Very helpful when printing out going over hangs.
Newtron

Thanks for the great tips. I need all I can being new to the S3D.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”