dionsamsoe

Application Hang x64 Version 4.1.2

Hi folks,

I'm using the application for a while but since 2 weeks the app is giving me some issues...

Lately i'm experiencing constant application hang when my computer is restarted or the app is closed for a while.
To fix the issue temporary i have to delete the following registery key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Simplify3D" in my registry.

Sometimes the app also worked when deleting the values under "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Simplify3D\S3D-Software\MainOptions" for options "cloudUsername" and "cloudRememberMe". This sometimes gave me the option to relogin again and the application would work again.

I've actually lost a couple of excellent profiles because of this issue and hope this issue is resolvable.

The entry in my eventlog only occurs when force closing the application and gives me this message:

The program Simplify3D.exe version 4.1.2.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
Process ID: a04
Start Time: 01d51bbcba8864a9
Termination Time: 5
Application Path: C:\Program Files\Simplify3D-4.1.2\Simplify3D.exe
Report Id: b3915576-6868-4b76-a5f8-48f370dd6363
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Hang type: Unknown

I still get the login window now because i didn't check the remember me option.

System information:

Windows version: Windows 10 1809
OS build: 17763.503
Simplify3d: Version 4.1.2
Videocard: MSI Geforce RTX 2080 Duke

Please help me out!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: 11-06-2019!!

I noticed when i was trying some stuff in my registery that when i delete the following key: "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Simplify3D\S3D-Software\MainWindow" before opening Simplify3D the application works again after deleting that key.
In this key the options "recentModels" and also "RecentFactoryFiles" are filled with information. This works with the autologon option checked and unchecked.
After a day of using the application using with around 15 different .stl files and a big amount of settings changes to the pint profiles the application gives errors again when reopening afterwards or sometimes when opening the next day after a fresh start.

So the application is usable in some manner but i hope multiple people experience the same issue so that the issue will make some sense and will be patched.
zerogee

Re: Application Hang x64 Version 4.1.2

did you every figure out how to fix. I am having the same issue but tthe registry keys you suggested did not work for me. right now I cannot use simplified3d at all.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”