Eric Gaechter

Manual Machine Control connecting to nothing

Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:52 am

I've been trying to connect a laptop to a Creatr HS for a while. Initially, I was confused because the Manual Control pannel said it was successfully connecting, but no controls worked. I became more confused when I decided to remove any external connection the computer had, and try to connect again. It apparently connected to something, however all connections were unplugged, the printer was off, and wifi/Bluetooth was off. I'm also limited to selecting one of two ports, even though the laptop has at minimum 3 ports, depending on what you count. One of the ports, COM4, always fails to connect, and the other, COM3, always succeeds.

Do I have a critical misunderstanding of something here, or is it actually as weird as it looks? S3D is up to date, and the laptop itself is running Windows 10.

S3D-Jake

Re: Manual Machine Control connecting to nothing

Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:36 am

If you open device manager and select your 3D printer the correct COM port for your machine should be listed there.

If you still have issues sending and receiving to the printer after choosing the correct COM port please share you verbose communication log here. We have leapfrog printers in our office and are happy to use them to help you.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”