ricsod

Non-standard ASCII characters in model filenames will wipe all processes

If you use e.g. "ä" (LATIN SMALL LETTER A WITH DIAERESIS (HTML ä · ä)) in the name of a model, the next time you load Simplify3D it will be unable to load the old processes and wipe them from the registry :evil:

Maybe time for a market survey....
Maikinoki

Re: Non-standard ASCII characters in model filenames will wipe all processes

I bounce on that remark as I used a "é" in a profile name and then had the issue due to non ASCII characters. Then I spent some time to find the source of this error...

A workaround would be at least a check of non ASCII characters when saving profile so that to warn the user and force to rename. Check should be done everywhere (Profile, scripts gcode, STL names...).

A second workaround could be a fixing tool which should check the factory file and correct it.

A definitive solution would be to manage all UTF characters. In fact people as me (French :) ) just use those characters naturally without noticing it so I think that will happen to me again.

Regards.
horst.w

Yes, thats right, but the next problem is the printer. Printing from SD, all files names containing "Umlaute" are not listed in the display.

horst.w
GER
XoTT@6bI4

for developers it will take 15 minutes of their precious time to change the method from 'QString.toLatin()' to 'QString.toUtf8()'.

It works for Russians.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”